Saturday, November 24, 2012

Building blocks

I may not have a lot of pretty words down on the page, but I've been writing bits and pieces of this new story.

Imagine a set of building blocks: chunky red ones, long and thin blue ones, squarish green that fills the palm of your hand, rectangular sunny yellow, round orange cylinders that roll around unless you prop them on end. I'm writing out the building blocks as they come to me. I haven't figured out what I'm going to build quite yet, but I like the way two of these and one of those look together. This is how my new story is taking shape.

I'm not far enough into the story to get a feel for the depth, but I've hit a few scenes that tell me a lot about the characters and their journey.

Oh yeah: did I mention the fantasy element? Yes indeed, I said fantasy. Light, urban fantasy, I suppose. There's a ghost in my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment